Getting you home ready for springtime should not have to feel like a chore, and definitely should not break the bank either. Here I have a couple simple ways to freshen up for home for spring. Just take away an idea or two to use yourself to help fill that craving for Spring we are all having right now!
These simple ideas for freshening up your house for Spring are meant to help make your space brighter, leave you with a big smile, and help to reduce any stress you are currently feeling. The tips I am sharing here are super easy to implement and quick, because no one wants to spend a ton of time, stuck, focusing on one small space.
1. Start with a clean slate
Clean everything! Clean out all the dirt that winter left behind. Scrub the floors, dust and wash the windows and shades/blinds to let the sun shine through. Don’t forget behind the appliances and your furniture! Unclutter shelving, cabinets, tables and counter tops. Instantly you will feel so much better!
2. Organize before you decorate
Get winter out of the way! Organize your closet to spring and summer clothing and shoes, and gather your gardening things too! Reorganizing will give you a whole new outlook for spring.
4. Hang a spring wreath on your front door.
5. Toss a spring pillow onto your couch and/or bed.
6. Change out an art piece/picture.
7. Use fresh or faux greens throughout your home.
8. Replace your hand towels.
9. Lighten up your outdoor space.
10. Switch out your doormat.
Links to items:
- Floral doormat
- Floral Spring Pillow
- coffee canister
- Olive tree (There are many types of options with this plant as far as pots)
- Beaded Garland
- Outdoor globe lights
- Outdoor white shear curtains
- Front door wreath (purchased at home goods- sorry no link available)
- Patio set (Got a couple years ago at Lowes, they no longer carry. But they do have a variety of options very similar)
- Jar canvas art (I’m sorry I no longer can find online, but was purchased at Hobby Lobby)
As stated before, these are simple things, but can really add color and life to your home. It’s not all about needing something new and better, but choosing to re-purpose and re-organize what you already have. The great thing about Spring is the growth and life waking from the dead of winter, so enjoy and celebrate that! Bring that beautiful green into your home, making it as gorgeous as your outdoor space!