Take a morning to create your own succulent!
Waking up to the beautiful sunshine streaming through the blinds, I briefly scrolled through my Instagram feed.... Spring Knoll Farms at Lancaster Central Market was holding an event to create your own succulent. I knew just what I wanted to do this morning before I started studying the day away...... A spontaneous date to Market!
Lancaster Central Market (located in Downtown Lancaster, PA) is filled with so much life! Many vendors that consist of; fresh local produce, meat, fresh picked flowers, tasty coffee, home decor, and much more. Because my husband and I live outside of the city, we don't go often but when we do, we never leave with regrets!
Spring Knoll Farms has a stand located inside the market, today they had a table located out in the alley way where you could create your own Succulent Pot. I could not wait... I love succulents! They had many different pots to choose from, as well as succulents to plant.
Creating a Succulent Container:
- Pick out a fun container to use! There are many to choose from, listed are the most popular- a coffee mug, bowl, chicken feed container, low cut vase.
- Arrange your succulents (be sure not to put too many in, they like to be close but too many they won't get much air).
- Add well draining soil (equal with nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium) to the container, and pack it down.
- Then place small pebble stones on top, also packing down over soil.
- Water lightly.
How to take care of them:
- Succulents like to have their soil soaked and then dry out before watering again. (The thicker the leaves on a succulent, the less water it needs.)
- Well draining soil.
- Succulents need a lot of sunlight to grow happy and healthy; Do be careful, they don't like direct sunlight. (A sign that your succulent isn't getting enough light is "stretching", where your plant is getting really tall.)
- Propagate: Here's how!
Thanks for reading, I hope you found this helpful! As well as maybe making you feel excited to go and create one yourself!