We previously purchased a Bissel deep cleaning unit, and although it did the job, we needed something better that got deeper into the carpet. We have the original carpets still in our home from moving in, and they needed some TLC until we replace them. We are replacing some carpet with flooring, but we are planning to keep the upstairs carpeted, so we thought it was smart to keep one on hand.
Besides having the original carpet in our home, we not only love hosting people in our home, but we have 2 adorable shihtzus. So everything combined makes for daily wear & tear on our carpets. Once our Bissel took a dump, we kinda just brushed it off and didn’t do anything about it. Well it was time to get another, we did some research and so Peter and I went with the Hoover! Although we have not used it more than just a few times (so we can’t give a full review on it), the few times we have used it we have been very pleased.
Here are some highlights:
- Automatic Detergent Mixing system- Provides the correct mixture of cleaning product and water to ensure better outcome
- Wash/Rinse selector
- Dual Tank system – This separates clean and dirty water so you can easily fill, empty and rinse
- Carpets dry fast
- Exclusive spin scrub technology
- Cleans more than just your floor!
- Spin scrub hand tool – Having rotating brushes it helps to provide the scrubbing action that some spots may need to remove those hard stains.
- Accessory Hose – Attaches to the cleaner to allow more extension for cleaning.
- Stair tool – 2 built in rows of brushes to help provide getting in those creases and small areas on your stairs.
- Upholstery tool – Made specifically for your furniture, brushes are soft and piece is plastic to ensure no damage to the material.
- Crevice tool – Great for around those baseboards and hard reaching areas.
- Mesh Tool Storage Bag
Please see this link which will not only show you the product, but also look at the manufacture’s instruction booklet.
So you ask, why did you go specifically go with this product? Let me share.
Before purchasing another carpet cleaner there were specific things we were looking for. Such as: price point, lightweight, tools that come with it, a deep cleaning focus, something that will not leave our carpets soaking wet (like the previous product we had) and the durability of the cleaner. And so far this deep cleaning carpet cleaner has met those needs!
Thank you for reading!
I’m going to share with you a simple weekly cleaning routine that will help you say on top of housework. My simple cleaning routine consists of setting one day a week aside that I tackle the more involved cleaning, then I tackle the rest within 30 minutes each day with no problem!
AND… then my deep spring cleaning routine that jump starts my Spring and Summer! Who doesn’t want to start out their spring and summer with a squeaky clean house?! Cleaning doesn’t have to be complicated, and can even be enjoyed.
Here’s what I do on a day to day basis:
- Make the bed
- Unload the dishwasher
- Wipe the counters
- Clean out the coffee maker after each use
- Laundry when needed
- Clean up after dinner
- Load and run the dishwasher
- Vacuum/sweep if needed
- Sort mail received that day
More involved cleaning I tackle in one day during the week:
- Sweep, vacuum and mop floors
- Windexing (windows, mirrors, and appliances)
- Gathering hand towels, dishcloths, towels, bedding and put through the laundry
DEEP CLEANING checklist:
- Wash baseboards, door ceilings, window sills, doors and walls
- Vacuum and wash vents
- Wash window treatments (drapes etc.)
- Dust blinds
- Wash windows inside and out
- Dust overhead lights- replace burnt out light bulbs
- Dust and/or vacuum light fixtures and lamp shades
- Pull out your appliances and clean behind
- Clean refrigerator (I clean way more than once a year)
- Cleaning and reorganizing Kitchen cabinets
- Wash all throw pillows and blankets
- Wash/replace shower liners (these get nasty quick)
- Flip mattress
- Purge anything you haven’t used in so long, or no longer need
- Check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Moving furniture and cleaning behind, and under cushions
Remember your routine needs to work for you, don’t let it not work because of an excuse! Keeping a clean home is important for your health, family’s health, and it pleases the Lord when you are a good steward of the things God has given to you.
Taking care of your home is taking care of yourself also!