Although our entryway was special, I wanted to spice it up to make it feel extra special! Previously there was a picture collage frame that held pictures which included: our first date, when Peter first said “I Love You”, and when we got engaged! Those are now being utilized in a different space in our home.
Now we have…. An easy DIY space created that feels more inviting to those who enter. Taking about a day to create, this space cost us at most $25! That friends, is what I love about making a house a home.
I love the “stay awhile” canvas sign, and have searched all over for it, but honestly, I found them pretty pricey. So why not create the exact same thing at my own doing?! Here is how I did it:
Gathered: tape measure, gorilla glue, fine point permanent marker, nails/hanging hooks/hammer, and the tobacco lath (I used nails because the piece is light to sit on wall)
- Hand wrote in pencil first “stay awhile” very lightly and then went over with permanent marker.
- Measured each side very carefully of the canvas so that each piece would fit in perfectly at the edges, held them up to each side before gluing.
- Applied gorilla glue lightly (it is very strong, you don’t want oozing) to each side on canvas, and then quickly placed the lath on top (using 2 people) we held all together for 10 minutes.
- Measured on the back distance apart, attached sawtooth frame hook, and hung.
Links to purchases:
- Coat hooks: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-Decorative-Coat-and-Hat-Hook-15558/202045102
- Canvas: https://www.michaels.com/studio-71-white-10in-x-20in-stretched-canvas-value-pack–6-pack/D073463S.html#q=10×20+canvas&start=2
- Greens: Barn Picks & Stuff
- Tote: Michaels arts&crafts (this was unavailable when I created this blog, but there are many options for totes)
- That beautiful piece of wood is from my Grandparent’s farm!