Wicker seating area DIY
What started out as an old small shed that was falling apart in every corner, has now transformed into a beautiful grey and white colonial style "she shed"! As much as I love our new shed, something was missing beside it... it felt empty, and something needed to be there.
As much as I want a little greenhouse attached to our shed, it was best that we didn't add one because it would have taken up too much space. Some of you may be saying/thinking there are multiple sizes, that we could get away with a small one. Well, I wanted one that I could stand, walk around in, have a potting table at one end and a cozy seating area at the other with string lights above... so pretty big! So instead, why not take away the greenhouse idea and instead add a seating area surrounded by a pretty flower bed?!
Not having a plan when to do this, or exactly what we were going to do with this seating area, this all happened all on a whim one Saturday! What started this you ask??? I was browsing around at our local Hobby Lobby and found this pretty wicker set for 50% off, and let me tell ya, we got it for a great deal! Once I brought it home, my mind got rolling, and it didn't want to stop!
Here is what I did next?
I gathered some materials on hand such as a spray paint, wheel barrow, shovel, gloves and a rake.
- Spray painted the outline of where I wanted the gravel area to be
- Dug all the grass up, leveled and raked for smoothness.
- Added 18 bags of small gravel stone to area
- Added edging between the stone and the flower bed to shape
- Applied top soil to surrounding seating area (I did not spray paint this area- we just estimated size wise for plants that we had in plan to plant)
- Purchased perennials to flower beds such as: Butterfly bush, 2 Knock out rose bushes, 3 evergreen bushes, Raspberry bush, Blueberry bush, Meadow tea and lambs ear (these make for a low ground cover)
- And lastly we finished off the following week applying mulch around all the flower beds!
I can now say this space feels complete! I am in LOVE! It's simple, cozy and inviting! Now that there is a cozy addition onto the side of our she shed doesn't feel so empty anymore!
Thanks for reading! Follow my instagram @our.saltbox.nest for more!