Front Entry Beadboard DIY
Today I am sharing on the beadboard in our entry! We still cannot believe how much of a difference a little bit of beadboard and paint did! It adds so much character, and warmth. If you've been tossing the idea back and forth of adding beadboard, I hope this will give you the urge to do it! Guys, we love it so much, we are for sure adding it in other parts of our home!
Let me start saying, it is one of the easiest DIY's out there! Any skill level of a person can do this, and it's super cost effective to bring a dramatic transformation. You can buy these in big sheets at home depot, or have them cut it down to size! I actually found these free, yes I said free! It came from beadboard listed on FB marketplace local. They were all different sizes but I knew we could put them to use.
Here is what you will need:
How we did it:
1) Decide on height for beadboard to meet at door.
2) Measure and cut beadboard to size.
3) Sand all edges for smooth and flat fitting against wall/trim, then nail to wall.
4) Measure and cut 1x4 trim to size.
5) Sand, and air nail trim to place above beadboard.
6) Measure according for even placement of shaker pegs, drill hole and glue in place.
7) Painted beadboard Accessible Grey by SW and Trim Extra White by SW.
This house is starting to feel more and more like home as we slowly complete more DIY projects! We are Sooo close to finishing this entryway.. Probably 85% done!!!!
What's left that needs done may you ask? I'd be so happy to share! We plan to do something super fun to the coat closet that sits across from the beadboard and also replacing that ugly ceiling light. Don't you worry another blog will becoming out on that, so stay tuned!
Thanks for reading friends!!!